The Parent Teacher Association works closely with the School to raise funds to buy extras for our children to make their time at Dowson even more special. We are a group of parents,carers and teachers who give a little of our time to organise events to raise money. Any parent or carer can help in all sorts of ways depending on how much time you have or how involved you want to become.
We have a number of fundraising events and appeals throughout the year including discos, clothing appeals for Arthritis Research, the famous Christmas Fair and the ever popular Summer Fair.It’s all good fun and it is great to know that all the monies raised goes to support our children in their education. Over the last 6-7 years the PTA has raised in excess of a staggering £30,000!
Amongst other things the PTA raise funds for are:-
- Blue Book Bags
- Leaving presents for children in Year 6
- Christmas presents from teachers to the children
- Name labels for children in Nursery and Reception
- Year 6 Souvenir Autograph Books
- Christmas parties for the children
- Sports Day Drinks
We also try to support the school by donating money for one-off purchases. Each class has a digital camera thanks to your help with fundraising.In 2011 we donated money for equipment for the multi-media centre in Upper School.
easyfundraising.org.uk is a great way to raise money for our school just by shopping online at stores like Boots and Amazon and many more famous names. You don’t pay anything extra. If a shop or company is registered with easyfundraising then after you make your purchase the company will donate a small cash reward to the school. All you need to do is register with easyfundraising and nominate Dowson Primary as your chosen charity. The trick is to remember to go through easyfundraising.org.uk every time you make a purchase online at your chosen shop and then the school reaps the benefits. Dowson has a lot of parents/carers – we could raise a lot of money for our children!
Be Part of Dowson Primary PTA
You could help in any of the ways below. We realise that your time is precious so any help and support is really appreciated.
- You could come to our meetings. You will be more than welcome. We usually send out texts to let you know when and where they are.
- You could help ant our events.Just look out for the notices around school which advertise forthcoming events and contact our Chair or ask at one of the receptions around school.We always need help to ensure the events run smoothly and that we raise as much money as possible.
If you are interested please contact Virginia Blakeley at email@example.com